Veganoogle Search

Loading

Friday, January 28, 2011

Things I'm Currently Obsessed With...

1. Pema Ryebread: I bought this chewy dense organic German rye bread for only $2 at Big Lots! It has a nice sourdough flavor and tastes great spread with hummus or nut butters.

2. Long Island Cheese Pumpkins: My mom bought this large, cheese-wheel shaped pumpkin at a farm stand in Pennsylvania back in October. I wouldn't let her put it outside the house for Halloween, because I wanted to eat it before the animals got to it. I finally cut it open this past week and roasted it for my "Roasted Pumpkin Salad" recipe. Cheese pumpkins are famous for their use in pies, and this pumpkin definitely lived up to its sweet reputation!

3. The Food Revolution, by John Robbins: It was originally T. Colin Campbell's The China Study that influenced me to become vegan, but John Robbins' book is certainly just as persuasive. I've only read about a third of the book and I can't put it down. The book was written 10 years ago, but the information is still completely applicable today.

4. My Cuisinart Immersion Blender: I bought this a few months ago, but I use it almost daily. It works better than my countertop blender, and the cleanup is ridiculously easy! I use it to blend soups, dressings, sauces, dips (hummus!), and smoothies. The only downside is it won't chop dry ingredients like nuts (it just flicks the ingredients all over the countertop and floor).

No comments:

Post a Comment